Following its uber successful Xmas show (Taking Liberties), The Treatment Rooms Collective HQ, is proud to announce its new valentines special exhibiton ‘SLAG.’
The event will be held at Carrie Reichardt’s studios ……. 199 Acton Lane, Chiswick W4 5DA, on Friday the 3rd of February 6pm – Late.
Please RSVP for guest list.
The usual suspects from Mutoid Waste, Mutate Britain and The Treatmentrooms Collective will be exhibiting their work, alongside some surprise guests!!!
A female heavy show, the window display is an amazing piece of outsider art. Made by a ‘Recycling Fairy’, it is a composition of hundreds of found objects, toys and dolls made to create the Goddess Kali with babies gushing from her blood red vulva. Not your typical shop window for Chiswick!! But then The Treatment Rooms HQ is getting used to visits from the local law enforcement officers for causing a visual disturbance.
This show (as ever) gives art enthusiasts the rare opportunity to view eclectic and original artwork made by some of the top underground/outsider/lowbrow artists. Chances like this rarely come along, so make the effort to come down!.
All artwork can be bought direct from the artists (many of them will be there on the night!) 80% of the profits go direct to them; the other 20% is donated to REEL NEWS. They are an activist video collective who report from the frontline of protests from around the world, and give us an insight into what’s really going on out there as opposed to the propaganda propagated by mainstream T.V channels. Check them out on www.reelnews.co.uk